Help Topic: Forum Rules
The message forum has been available for several years in various different forms. The rules have evolved over the years, mainly in response to specific problems and requests from established members. The rules are our rules and will be applied firmly & fairly to ensure that our forum remains a success.
1) Registration is compulsory
2) You must use your real, full name when registering. Nicknames are no longer permitted for registration. You may use normal name shortenings, e.g. Bill for William
3) Your email address must remain valid and in use during your membership. Your email address must not have an auto-responder on it- I get all the replies!
4) No user is permitted to have more than one login/username. No member will allow ANY other person to use their login.
5) No Flames, wind-ups, attempts at starting/continuing rows
6) No adverse personal comments. Debate the topic NOT the poster!
7) All posts must be UK, travelling funfair related.
8) No repeat posting (within reason)
9) No posts about accidents/incidents
10) No post that has an adverse affect on the forum or site in general or is deemed unsuitable for any other reason. This includes, but is not limited to posting inaccurate or misleading information.
11) No which showman/ride is better type posts. No "what is your favourite ??????" posts. This includes “Top Ten…”type posts
12) The topic title must be meaningful & accurately describe the topic
13) Can my query be answered in the FAQ? Site Search? Internet Search? Can I contact the person via email? PM? Is my post of general interest? If not please don't post!
14) Text speak (eg m8 for mate) is banned. POSTING IN CAPITALS, Putting A Capital As The First Letter and whole messages in bold or large font are also BANNED! This includes topic titles!
15) Bumping topics or posting replies just to bump a topic is banned. If the topic is good enough, it doesn't need bumping. This includes replying to your OWN topics.
16 ) No posting of 'non-contributory' replies. This is any post that does not further or help the topic. Examples are short "nice pic", "cheers" type replies. Please use email/PM for these replies. If "nice pic" is part of a longer reply - no problem. If someone answers a question you asked please use the "Thanks" and/or the "Reputation" button
17) No posts detrimental to showmen.
18) Please ensure that you are posting in the CORRECT forum. In particular Adverts (For Sale/Wanted etc) MUST ONLY be posted in the Classified Advert section (You must be a forum supporter to post adverts - please see the 'Help' link).
19) Posts should respect the privacy of Showmen & their families. Examples include (but are not limited to) Locations of yards, photos that identify locations of yards, photos of private cars (as opposed to loads, which are OK), photos taken in private/restricted areas of funfairs & photos taken by 'intrusive' means, posting of conversations/information meant as private and discussion of financial/business matters
20) Posts about changes of ownership of equipment must only be made when the information is 100% reliable. The safest option is when the equipment has changed hands to the new owner.
21) If you post pictures or other attachments you MUST own the copyright OR have the permission of the owner to post (Contravening this rule will lead to an instant and permanent ban!)
22) All attachment MUST be suitable for this site. Any picture posted on this site MUST NOT be linked to from another site. (Contravening this rule will lead to an instant and permenant ban!)
23) Photos displayed in the forum must not be bigger than 800 x 600 pixels
24) Please ensure that the layout of your photos is correct by following the guide at http://www.fun-fairs...showtopic=28907
25) Whilst members retain the copyright to the photos they post, ATFOTF reserves the right to display said photos on any part of the site and for as long as we see fit.
26) Photos displayed in photo topics should be attached to the post and not hosted elsewehere such as photobucket
If you see any post that contravenes the rules, or you think is unsuitable for any other reason, please click the “Report” button and it will be dealt with by a Moderator.
Please do NOT use a topic to argue about the rules. The rules are the rules and are not for debate. Any member who argues the rules will have their membership terminated!
A ) Private messages CAN be read by the Site Administrator, Bill Edwards. Private Messages will, however, remain private unless there are very exceptional reasons. (Hasn't yet happened in 10 years, but never say never!)
B ) After registration, you will be required to verify your email address. Once you have verified, you will have full access to the forum
C ) The rules are firmly, but fairly applied. If you breach rules you could be warned, banned or suspended from the forum
D ) Subscribing to the forum does NOT exempt you from suspension or banning from the forum - normal forum rules apply!