• Topic Count:  2,387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,889
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,114
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

Dear All

We monitor feedback and discuss with the forum panel in a continuous process to make the forum the best we can. It won't always be perfect for everyone, but we try :)

Two issues have come up recently and they have been discussed by the forum panel.

1) Lots of members donate a lot of time and effort into making the forum the excellent resource that it is. Occasionally they feel that their efforts are under appreciated with a lack of feedback

2) The use of the Like / Thanks button is underused, possibly due to the low number of available likes per day (currently 20)

As of now all members have 50 likes / thanks to use per 24 hour period.

I would like ALL members to consider using their likes / thanks to make those who go the extra mile for the forum feel that their considerable efforts are appreciated.

Here is my own PERSONAL view on using likes:

I try (within time constraints) to Like / Thank EVERY post which I consider GIVES something to the forum - that is funfair reports, photo sets, photos for the rides/transport lists, coming events, answers to questions etc

Where I follow a thread I am interested in and someone else contributes that I agree with, I also like / thank that.

Where a contribution is of special note I also leave more detailed feedback. I am not a fan of "nice pic" type replies and will discourage these where ever I see them. HOWEVER, more detailed feedback is very welcome, both by me and the others who contribute. Please, please make it something WORTH reading though. I also think that where you do leave detailed feedback you should also click the Like / Thanks button!

Whilst encouraging member's to use the Like / Thanks button, it will be worthless if you simply "Like" every post you read. Please use your likes, but don't use them just for the sake of it. Liking every post or (as has happened in the past) you like BOTH sides of a discussion/debate it falls into disrepute and becomes meaningless.

Please help us to make the contributor's feel appreciated and maybe we can encourage those who have information they currently don't share to contribute making the forum even better than it already is.

Many thanks for all your support.

All the best

Bill

Roger Peatman

• Group:  Moderator
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,826
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  1,853
  • Days Won:  7

Looks like the increase in the number of "thanks" allowed per day, is beginning to reward the posts that really are, the lifeblood of the Forum.

So with 50 a day to play with, it should put an end to the  - "nice pics"  - type of replies  --- just hit the button and show your appreciation  !

• Like 6
Paul McHaddan

• Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  4,241
  • Days Won:  244
  • Birthday:  14/04/1964

4 hours ago, Roger Peatman said:

Looks like the increase in the number of "thanks" allowed per day, is beginning to reward the posts that really are, the lifeblood of the Forum.

So with 50 a day to play with, it should put an end to the  - "nice pics"  - type of replies  --- just hit the button and show your appreciation  !

Well i have to admit i thought it should stay the same BUT by the number of likes/thanks i have gained recently i agree 50 a day is enough!

& I can see more members are starting to use the like/thanks button may well it continue ;)

• Like 6