• Topic Count:  2,386
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,111
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

Dear All

Please can I remind ALL members that this forum is subject to copyright. In particular your attention is drawn to forum rules:-

25) Members must not post content belonging to others members on ANY other site. Contravening this rule will lead to an instant and permenant ban.

We will have no hesitation in enforcing this if we are made aware of a member posting content elsewhere. 

I am aware that content posted only here has appeared on Facebook recently - inquiries are in hand to identify/ban the member.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

All the best

Bill

• Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  701
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  701
  • Days Won:  0

Copyright is a touchy subject, I reccomend everyone watermarks their pictures, I like to but don't always get time. Therefore if anyones pictures show up elsewhere then then it is easy to see whos it is.

• Like 2
Mark D. B. Jones

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  298
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  298
  • Days Won:  1

I am aware of one situation where I am happy for other members to in effect break rule 25 which is when I take photos of fun fair posters and post them on this site.

I personally am happy for others to share these photos on other websites such as Facebook pages. I fully agree with Bill with regards to any other photo I or others take & post on here, but would hate to see someone banned from here who has shared or used a photo I have taken of a fun fair poster.

• Like 1
Ormester101

• Group:  No Longer A Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  630
  • Birthday:  19/12/1977

one  question can we share the post from the fb group that promotes the pictures ffrom the forum ? 

Edited by Ormester101
Bill Edwards

• Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7

2 hours ago, Mark D. B. Jones said:

I am aware of one situation where I am happy for other members to in effect break rule 25 which is when I take photos of fun fair posters and post them on this site.

I personally am happy for others to share these photos on other websites such as Facebook pages. I fully agree with Bill with regards to any other photo I or others take & post on here, but would hate to see someone banned from here who has shared or used a photo I have taken of a fun fair poster.

My personal view is that Poster's are a special case - their publication and sharing can only help Showmen by advertising their events - I can't see a downside. However, as forum rules stand sharing them is a no-no. I will discuss with the forum panel to see if they want to write an exception into the rules for posters.

1 hour ago, Ormester101 said:

one  question can we share the post from the fb group that promotes the pictures ffrom the forum ? 

No, they are forum photos, subject to copyright. Anticipating this query I added a copyright notice to the ATFOTF Facebook page this morning. 

Ormester101

thanks for clarifying it bill

Bill Edwards

On 6/13/2016 at 19:51, Mark D. B. Jones said:

I have discussed exempting photos of current funfair/circus posters from this rule with the Panel Forum - we are all in agreement that sharing posters is good for Showmen and should be allowed. No member will be penalised for copying/sharing photos of current posters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  729
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  2,577
  • Days Won:  125

On 13/06/2016 at 19:51, Mark D. B. Jones said:

How would you feel if you drove over 200 miles spent time and money of your own, then spent more time posting some photos of your travels on here (and only on here) to find someone passing the photos off as their own else where without even asking if they could use them??????? I know I was rather peeved off!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Lilly

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  169
  • Days Won:  0

watermark them, the best way is to put your name faintly through the middle, that way you don't spoil the pic. there is plenty of software available for free or little money.

Bill Edwards

11 minutes ago, Davey_C said:

How would you feel if you drove over 200 miles spent time and money of your own, then spent more time posting some photos of your travels on here (and only on here) to find someone passing the photos off as their own else where without even asking if they could use them??????? I know I was rather peeved off!!!!!!!!!!

Davey - Mark is saying that he is OK with photos of POSTERS being shared. The forum panel have discussed exempting just photos of POSTERS and are in agreement as any advertising can only help Showmen.

Paul McHaddan

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  4,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  4,240
  • Days Won:  244
  • Birthday:  14/04/1964

On 13/06/2016 at 19:51, Mark D. B. Jones said:

I used to copy right my photos...But i then thought if other people want to use them they can & take as many as they want as to me my photos must be ok for them to copy my photos (But still nice to asked) & i think if other people are sharing MY PHOTOS am over the moon & you all know your own photos!!

Enjoy ;)

• Like 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  729
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  2,577
  • Days Won:  125

so he is I missed the most important word in his first sentence - apologies

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Ormester101

On 6/16/2016 at 19:08, Davey_C said:

but on the flip side and i will argue to the day is dawn if they shared the pictures on facebook and allowed people to share  the pics  theni cant see a problem surely if there great pictures you want them shown  i have argued this with a fb group owner but sadly doesnt understand how it should work .

On 6/16/2016 at 20:02, Waltzerman said:

I used to copy right my photos...But i then thought if other people want to use them they can & take as many as they want as to me my photos must be ok for them to copy my photos (But still nice to asked) & i think if other people are sharing MY PHOTOS am over the moon & you all know your own photos!!

Enjoy ;)

thank you  have hit the nail on the head thats what i  was saying with the funfair group if you share the pictures to me your showing how good they are i allow my pics to be used in fact one showman used them to advertise on ground to let on fb  i felt very proud

• Like 2