All The Fun Of The Fair Messages

Coming Events 2017 - NEW SYSTEM

The method of compiling and presenting our Coming Events list is changing for Events in 2017.

Please see http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/topic/81661-coming-events-2017-new-system/ for details.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Edwards

New (Additional) Rides List

9 posts in this topic

Well done Bill, thank you for your time and effort in creating what appears to have the potential of being a great easy to use research tool for all member wishing to do so.

2 people like this

Two additional 'features' that I will be adding are:

1. Where a Ride is in a park, the "Park" column will be a link to the parks web site
  2. Where a Showman has a web site, the name in the "Surname" column will be a link to that web site

Please note, that these are long term projects :)

3 people like this

Well Bill its all looking positive thank you this is going to be very helpful to a lot of people :)

5 people like this

On 1/2/2017 at 13:10, Bill Edwards said:

Where a Showman has a web site, the name in the "Surname" column will be a link to that web site

This is proving to be a little more difficult than I anticipated and I would appreciate some help :)

Where I know a family, I can identify which members should be associated with a particular website, as an example, I can link Scott & Chaz Manning to Amusement World (I know Chaz is Scott's son)

However, again as an example, Burnett's Family Fun Fair - In the rides list we have Peter, Billy Jnr, Peter & Claude and Chris (Pete) - Which of these can properly be linked to that web site?

It's further complicated by the fact that some Showmen will show on their web site rides they don't own, but are within the extended family or they have access to. What I am trying to achieve is where a Showman has a web site, his rides are linked to that web site, not links to sites where that ride is available. The surname/website link should only be used for that Showman and his immediate family i.e. children, spouse (possibly brothers?) etc.

To do this properly will require knowledge of the way families operate. If you can help, please let me know. If you are familiar with a family please send me a list of which names should be associated with which web site.

Many thanks

Bill

30 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

However, again as an example, Burnett's Family Fun Fair - In the rides list we have Peter, Billy Jnr, Peter & Claude and Chris (Pete) - Which of these can properly be linked to that web site?

Burnett's Family Fun Fair represents C Burnett & Sons, which is Chris (Pete to all of us who know him) & sons Peter & Claude. It also shows Chris' late brother Billy's Waltzer which is now under Billy Jnr's control along with his Flying Coaster. Billy Jnr & Debbie Burnett are on Facebook as Burnett's Amusements. They still travel together as one unit most of the season. Hope this helps Bill. Shaun Mintern may add some info. :)

Edited by Martin
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

Burnett's Family Fun Fair represents C Burnett & Sons, which is Chris (Pete to all of us who know him) & sons Peter & Claude. It also shows Chris' late brother Billy's Waltzer which is now under Billy Jnr's control along with his Flying Coaster. Billy Jnr & Debbie Burnett are on Facebook as Burnett's Amusements. They still travel together as one unit most of the season. Hope this helps Bill. Shaun Mintern may add some info. :)

Many thanks Martin - I've updated the list.

If you, or anyone else can help with any other families that you have knowledge of, it would be a big help.

Thanks again & all the best

Bill

2 people like this

On 1/2/2017 at 13:10, Bill Edwards said:

Two additional 'features' that I will be adding are:

1. Where a Ride is in a park, the "Park" column will be a link to the parks web site
  2. Where a Showman has a web site, the name in the "Surname" column will be a link to that web site

Please note, that these are long term projects :)

The Manufacturer name will also be turned into a link where available (as time allows).

If anyone is bored and wants to help with any of these.........?

Where there is a Showman, Manufacturer or Park without a link and you can provide one, please let me know.

Many thanks

Bill

2 people like this

Despite the almost total lack of feedback, interest and offers of help, I continue to work on the Online Rides List.

I have today altered the format of the "Date Acquired" field. This is now separated into Month & Year which allows users to filter & sort by year acquired. For example to find out who acquired rides in 2016, simply filter "Year Acquired" to 2016. You could then further filter by Month to see who had rides in, say, August 2016.

8 people like this