• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  106
  • Days Won:  8

I am, very reluctantly, having to sell some of my collection to create more space. I am therefore offering the following items for sale at what I consider to be very fair prices and reflect what I actually paid for them.

They are located near Romsey, Hampshire and are available on a collection basis only.

The 8 pics below may not be in the correct order but are easily identified, apologies.

Orton & Spooner Ark Horse. Complete with all the chrome trims and with an absolute known provenance as coming from A117 Tucker's Ark that travelled mainly in Yorkshire. I have restored the left side to it's original colour scheme and left the right side unrestored. The seat has been recovered.  It is completely sound with no rot.   42" X 39" X 10".       £275.

Bensons Double Sided Dropper.  This was one of a set of 3 boards that hung across the main entrance to Bensons Ark A67.  The reverse carries a highly decorative floral pattern. The other 2 boards reading Electric, Thriller, are known to exist but I know not where.  Numerous photos can be found on line showing the boards. Totally unrestored and probably unique. 60" X 16". Slightly curved to reflect the radius of the ride.      £340.

Bensons Twist Car seatpanel.    A metal  panel that was attached to the back of a Bensons twist car.  Fully restored to original colours. 42" x 20".     £125.

Roll - up Board complete with correct size rubber balls.     Restored apart from the decorative floral pattern  in the centre which is in perfect condition. Sound with no rot. A written inscription on the reverse reads :-  G. Miller, Fairground, Fakenham, Norfolk.   This game creates  much amusement at parties.   54" x 18" .   £ 130.

Rounding Board from a Juvenile ride.     Fair unknown but possibly from the Derby area. Fully restored to it's original colours and design.   56" x 10"   £100.

Stall Gag Board      Restored, fair unknown.  24" x 20".  £60

Decorative carved  Bracket.       Unrestored. I was told when I bought it many years ago it was from a  dodgem track paybox at Rhyl but this is unconfirmed.    16" x 8" x 9".   £40

I can provide far more information, and photos, as necessary on all items  to serious enquiries.

My total asking price for these 7 items is £1,070 but,  start your own collection,  I'll take £950 for all 7 if anyone is interested !

If anyone is seriously  interested in more than I item I will consider reasonable offers but I believe I have priced these pieces at very realistic levels given their provenance / condition.

My mobile number is  07870 390066

Andy

ARK HORSE.PNG

BENSONS DROPPER.PNG

BENSONS TWIST CAR BACK.PNG

bracket.PNG

DROPPER REVERSE.PNG

Juvenile rounding board.png

ROLL UP BOARD.PNG

3 BLUES.PNG

• Like 5