The Team

Criticism Of ATFOTF

Scott Turner    697
Scott Turner

Why not just close the forum down, everybody is moaning, bitching, complaining, I for one have had enough. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 9

Paul McHaddan    14,573
Paul McHaddan
1 hour ago, Scott Turner said:

Why not just close the forum down, everybody is moaning, bitching, complaining, I for one have had enough. 

Oh close the forum down if you have had enough Scott leave the forum personally i don't want you to leave have you ever thought why Bill gave up after 20 years?

Bill Edwards ran this forum for 20 years put his time in ran it at his own expense but now things have changed the forum is run by "The Team" who are doing what they can to do there best they can't please everyone..

Scott please help the forum with any suggestions you have to help with the day to day running of the forum we need to listen to the members what they want & how to run it..

"The Team" do listen a lot of changes have been made.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Paul Needham    1,048
Paul Needham
3 hours ago, Scott Turner said:

yeah ive had enough too, and so did bill, so what do we just give up then? and then what? empty screen and DESPITE what a lot will no doubt tell me different, no funfair stuff on the net, what did you do at school? work? most places really. when confronted by a small minority ( always a tiny minority really isn't it?) of kxxxs, give up, knuckle under, pull the sheets up? no, that's not the brittish way at all is it, no what you do is as follows, 1/ ignore, 2/ shoot down, and if that fails, 3/ make the point more literally🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

lego skid    906
lego skid
12 hours ago, Scott Turner said:

scott mate if your had enough of this forum then please leave i have been a memeber since 2007 and why should some
members ruin this forum for the rest this problem needs sorting out i for one do not want to see this forum closed down
also said members of this forum should have not gone on facebook and slated the atfotf forum can these members
have a gagging order on them for a limited time untilll they realise what they have done if gagging orders do not work
them ban said members

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Scott Turner    697
Scott Turner

I have not said I am not happy with the forum, I said I am fed up with the moaning, bitching, attitude of some members. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

BigtopManiac    138
BigtopManiac

I know Bill put in a lot of time to run this site for our benefit and I feel the TEAM will continue to run this site extremely well.

Not a criticism but a thought. As mainly a Circus enthusiast, I did prefer the site when it had a 'Circus Forum' rather than the new set up being 'Off Topic including Circus'.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Paul McHaddan    14,573
Paul McHaddan
24 minutes ago, Scott Turner said:

I have not said I am not happy with the forum, I said I am fed up with the moaning, bitching, attitude of some members. 

Scott thank you for your comments i would like to apologise i took your post the wrong way i have since read your post again & your right please accept my apology!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Paul Burns    26
Paul Burns

atfotf is the best site for funfair. nothing else anywhere near. been a member for over 8 years..he,s hopeing for another 8 years atleast. keep up the good work.thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Alan Wilson    87
Alan Wilson

I would agree with BigTopManiac I preferred the site when there was a Circus Forum site. There seemed to be more posts relating to the Circus. Well done Team to keep the site running.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

David L    483
David L

You find on facebook there are a lot of ex- forum members do a lot of slagging off of the forum and how its managed, probably the bitterness of no longer having access. However, I also think there is current members who go on there to do their moaning through fear of banning or what ever if they actually did their moaning on the forum, I've always thought the forum seems to have a 'watch what you are saying' type feel about it and many agree, I think it can sometimes be overly moderated and its always felt like a hierarchy with mods and know all's that are quite blatantly ignorant towards the forums members who aren't as knowledgeable or aren't in the clique. It's a catch 22, saying all the above, the forum is still the best archive of information so if you don't agree with how its run you either have to like it or lump it which isn't fair when without the members contribution you wouldn't have a forum to manage, people want in but they don't want to feel like they are being ruled with an iron fist and being put in your place every time you post something, just to be member. I have no personal dislike of any member of 'the team', or at least 99% anyway so this should be took as constructive rather than offensive but I know it won't be!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Steve Barton    15,770
Steve Barton

I know what you are saying but some Facebook groups don't appear to have any rules but if you post something that the Admin doesn't like your banned end of. At least on ATFOTF you have got some rules you can use as  guidelines to check what you are posting is with in the rules some Facebook Groups you don't get that chance. You do know that the number of Members banned on ATFOTF is quite low 1 Member who was banned tried to rejoin using a large number of different name's so this made up for the banned number looking higher than it is. 1 Member who is very vocal on facebook about being banned was never banned they asked us to close their membership yet they forget that when they claim on Facebook they were banned. It might be worth noting that nearly everyone who has been banned have either asked to rejoin or tried to rejoin under another name . Yet these few ex Members are very vocal on Facebook slagging this forum off informing anyone new to this hobby not to join this forum.

• Like 6

David L    483
David L

I think a good example of what I'm trying to say is the recent post that had to be locked in the changes of ownership section, a simple question that was answered in a snotty and completely irrelevant manner by a member of 'the team' and somebody very well respected in our hobby, several people agreed that it was a pointless and pretty much down right ignorant response yet the mod team defended it and it's not the first occasion, the same mod quite often will reply to questions in an arrogant manner and because they are a moderator it's automatically not up for discussion maintaining that members need to know their place in the system which isn't right when it's their content that makes the forum what it is and more so when they,'ve paid to have access to parts of it. The forum can be managed without the mods lording it over everybody else, it's not nessesary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roger Peatman    3,480
Roger Peatman
19 minutes ago, David L said:

I think a good example of what I'm trying to say is the recent post that had to be locked in the changes of ownership section, a simple question that was answered in a snotty and completely irrelevant manner by a member of 'the team' and somebody very well respected in our hobby, several people agreed that it was a pointless and pretty much down right ignorant response yet the mod team defended it and it's not the first occasion, the same mod quite often will reply to questions in an arrogant manner and because they are a moderator it's automatically not up for discussion maintaining that members need to know their place in the system which isn't right when it's their content that makes the forum what it is and more so when they,'ve paid to have access to parts of it. The forum can be managed without the mods lording it over everybody else, it's not nessesary.

A fair point and that's why, under the new regime, hopefully, that will be a thing of the past !!

• Like 4