• Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  298
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  298
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry I asked the original question as it has been completely misinterpreted. I was suggesting that as well as where rides travel ( approximate part or parts of the country such as South Wales and the North East ) it would also be interesting to know the approximate part of the country they winter in (such ad the North East. On a different point I love the idea of suggesting who can vouch for you I can say that Darren Mark Butler (Fun Fairs UK) can vouch for me as well as countless showmen I am friends with on Facebook. I have been personally invited to see several showmen in their yards and have posted photos (with their permission) to prove it. I love this forum and long may it continue. Mark

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  860
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  4,339
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Achievement Points:  4,388
  • Days Won:  153

Sorry I asked the original question as it has been completely misinterpreted. I was suggesting that as well as where rides travel ( approximate part or parts of the country such as South Wales and the North East ) it would also be interesting to know the approximate part of the country they winter in (such ad the North East. On a different point I love the idea of suggesting who can vouch for you I can say that Darren Mark Butler (Fun Fairs UK) can vouch for me as well as countless showmen I am friends with on Facebook. I have been personally invited to see several showmen in their yards and have posted photos (with their permission) to prove it. I love this forum and long may it continue. Mark

Nobody is asking people to vouch for them though, and as for having showmen friends on FB and being invited to yards, that's no big deal as most forum members have showmen as FB friends too and chat to them on the grounds, I don't get why the big interest in where they winter as to be honest its non of our business, and most of us know where they winter anyway.

• Like 8
Paul Needham

• Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1,485
  • Days Won:  2

Anybody can join ATFOTF and I'm sure Bill cannot vouch for all of our members.

yes they can now, but at one time existing members had to vouch for and speak up for potential new ones and since the existing members were allowed to join themselves, by association in the loosest sense that was what i meant by bill could vouch for them, which contrasts with "social media"

Happy Showman

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  66
  • Days Won:  0

No

• Like 1
Ex-Coggers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  150
  • Days Won:  2

Most people know full well where yards are, not for all individuals, but many yards are massive, however no reason at all to list on here.

Many showmen are proud of their towns and use it in their description. Going back Edwards of Swindon, Jennings of Devizes to mention two.

• Like 1