John Carter

Photos Not Displaying

John Carter    1,684
John Carter

All I'm seeing at the moment are the filenames. 

• Like 3

Bill Edwards    1,522
Bill Edwards

Tech support aware and dealing - will keep you posted.

Regards

Bill

Huw Foxhall    1,768
Huw Foxhall

still cant see the pics.

Paul McHaddan    15,082
Paul McHaddan
20 minutes ago, Huw Foxhall said:

still cant see the pics.

Its being looked into just taking a bit of time please be patient ;) thanks!

• Like 2

Huw Foxhall    1,768
Huw Foxhall
Just now, Waltzerman said:

Its being looked into just taking a bit of time please be patient ;) thanks!

ok thank you.best regards Huw

• Like 1

Matt Goodenough    938
Matt Goodenough

It seems that any new photo uploads display but all the others from when the problem started are unavailable, It seems all older photos have been lost.

Bill Edwards    1,522
Bill Edwards
2 hours ago, Matt Goodenough said:

It seems all older photos have been lost.

The photos are not lost. Tech Support is working on this.  I'm not particularly happy with the time it is taking and have been chasing it up, but I am reliant on Tech Support to fix this.

The problem is: All forum photos have been stored on an Amazon off site facility for some time (it allows us to keep photos for far longer at lower cost). The latest software upgrade broke the link to Amazon so the photos don't show. However they are still stored there. I just need tech support to fix the link.

Gary Witcomb    15,824
Gary Witcomb
1 hour ago, Bill Edwards said:

The photos are not lost. Tech Support is working on this.  I'm not particularly happy with the time it is taking and have been chasing it up, but I am reliant on Tech Support to fix this.

The problem is: All forum photos have been stored on an Amazon off site facility for some time (it allows us to keep photos for far longer at lower cost). The latest software upgrade broke the link to Amazon so the photos don't show. However they are still stored there. I just need tech support to fix the link.

we understand that its out of your hands and we are reliant on Tech Support to sort ASAP, members will just have to be Patient for a while until normal service resumes

• Like 5

Bill Edwards    1,522
Bill Edwards

@Gary Witcomb - Thanks for your support and understanding :)

Again, I apologise to all members and thank you for your patience.

I have been looking into this issue myself and believe that I have either found the solution, or at least a temporary workaround. I've noticed that if I copy the photos from one part of the Amazon server to another they show up. I am currently in the process of copying them all, but this will be a slow process, probably taking all day. If I am correct then the "lost" photos will slowly come back online during the day.

I've informed Tech Support of what I am doing and await their comment as to weather this is a temporary workaround or the solution.

Regards

Bill

Ex Harry Gray    504
Ex Harry Gray

sorry i sent you a private message bill when you was already aware of the problem,

last thing you need is the likes of me adding to your problems.

once again sorry

regards

dave 

Bill Edwards    1,522
Bill Edwards

@Ex Harry Gray - No problem, you weren't the only one to miss the announcement that the photos were missing :)  If I were actively working on the problem I would have ignored the PM whilst working on the problem. As it was I was waiting for Tech Support, so it wasn't a problem. In fact,  another member who reported by PM included a screen shot which actually pointed me in the right direction :) 

Bill Edwards    1,522
Bill Edwards
10 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

I am currently in the process of copying them all, but this will be a slow process, probably taking all day. If I am correct then the "lost" photos will slowly come back online during the day.

The copy has now completed and I believe all the photos are back online.

If you see a post with missing photos, please use the REPORT button and I will investigate.

Many thanks for your patience.

Bill