• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Due to ill health I am putting my entire model fairground up for sale and invite sensible offers. I do not want to split the collection and am unable to post any items so the buyer would need to be able to dismantle everything. If you live in travelling distance of Whittlesey near Peterborough please contact me to arrange viewing.  Most rides are connected to timers to produce the random  effect of stopping to let new riders on and then continuing. In addition there are a multitude of sound effects. 

Hopefully you will be able to identify most of the model rides from this video I made and there have been some additions since.

https://www.facebook.com/GEHOFS/videos/865475286920662/

It has taken me years to collect and sadly I am having to find it a new home.  I can be contacted on 07752905925. My name is Geoff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Nick Attwell

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  273
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  273
  • Birthday:  14/03/1961

That is totally amazing Geoff; I have no ideas how you made it; except to say. you are brilliant at modelling

I just wish I had room here in my flat, to make room for it; then I would be straight in there with an offer

Thanks Geoff

Nick

• Like 2

• Group:  Supporter
  • Topic Count:  1,076
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,800
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  7,817
  • Days Won:  257
  • Birthday:  23/09/1963

A lot of the models look like the series World Fair collection it must have cost a pretty penny to collect it does look impressive though wish I had the room to take but sadly not

• Like 2
Gary Witcomb

• Group:  Supporter
  • Topic Count:  688
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  4,748
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Achievement Points:  4,751
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  17/03/1964

its an impressive Large collection not sure how you value a collection of this nature. its a life time of collecting and understand why you would not want to break it up, i think who ever wants to make an offer will have to dig deep into there pockets i wish you well with the sale 

• Like 2
Nick Attwell

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  273
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  273
  • Birthday:  14/03/1961

I have no idea of value either; maybe a few K?

I suppose a sensible offer has to be relative to the value of the many years of work & dedication Geoff has put in to making such an impressive collection; not to mention of all the money he has spent on materials

I personally don't think Geoff sees the money spent as important as his dedication & skill

I expect Mrs Ash welcomes Geoff selling his collection; that way she can go out & see the world with her husband Geoff lol

Edited by Nick Attwell
  • Like 2

Thank you all so much for your interest and kind comments. I will be sad to see it go and it needs to go eventually to somewhere who will treasure it as I have. My wife died seven years ago and I decided to collect fairground models in her memory as she loved visiting the real thing,. The room it is situated in was our bedroom and it is now a 60's themed room ( once again because she loved that era) complete with 60's bar, jukebox,  mannequins dressed in 60's clothes and last but not least the fairground.

I was hoping this forum would provide me with a new owner and it still might as to advertise it on auction sites I need to state a price. I really don't know what to ask, in a way the money is not as important as the memories.

Thanks to you all again , I really appreciate your input.

• Like 2

Update. The collection is now listed on Ebay via the link below. Please contact me on 07752905925 if you would like to come and see it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-model-fairground/263533411229?hash=item3d5bd0bb9d:g:554AAOSwjT9anWDg