• Group:  Moderator
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  851
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  4,303
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Achievement Points:  4,353
  • Days Won:  151

If people contributed more to coming events then that would be a great advantage, you know where main non guild showmen open such as Howard's etc they mainly do rallies and shows, Taylor's of Stamford have their own little run, Stanley Freeman mainly does paid do's with his stuff and can be found at uni and college balls this time of year.

Steve Barton

• Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,624
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  4,736
  • Days Won:  122
  • Birthday:  10/12/1961

1 hour ago, Wood1 said:

How about a section  dedicated to non guild Showmen ,where ever you go except for Carters  their is very little mention of Non guild operators, they occasionally get a mention  but few and far between. Some like  Bonds I believe who operate a Victorian style fair around surrey area  almost never get a mention or Stanley Freeman ,both operate some great looking transport as well .

Just a idea ,and I wont copy write it either ! Some sad people out their .

The Forum try's not to distinguish between Guild and Non Guild Showmen we treat them all as Showmen and rather than separate sections for each group we list them all together. But we rely on our Members to add posts, photos and details of where Showmen are sadly it is not always easy to find some Showmen a number of them slip under the radar.

• Like 4
Steve Barton

• Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,624
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  4,736
  • Days Won:  122
  • Birthday:  10/12/1961

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:02, Adam Bradford said:

Ok. This one may be a stupid idea but how about a list of rides with their corresponding max permitted weight/chest sizes?   It may be useful for the bigger riders, allowing them to avoid the Walk of Shame. 🙂

As a 19 stone lad, I recently couldnt get on to Jamie Clarks freak out 🤣🤣.  But on a plus,. It has prompted me to join a local lose weight group.    🤣🤣

Sorry for the delay in replying but to be honest it would take a lot of work to compile and keeping upto date and it's a bit beyond our brief as an Enthusiasts Forum sorry again.

• Thanks 1
Adam Bradford

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  16/06/1978

22 hours ago, Steve Barton said:

Sorry for the delay in replying but to be honest it would take a lot of work to compile and keeping upto date and it's a bit beyond our brief as an Enthusiasts Forum sorry again.

No need to apologise,. I kind of already knew it was a stupid idea really.  😁😁

• Thanks 2
Roger Peatman

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,821
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  1,848
  • Days Won:  7

16 hours ago, Adam Bradford said:

No need to apologise,. I kind of already knew it was a stupid idea really.  😁😁

Good luck with the weightwatching though.  👍

• Like 1
Ormester101

• Group:  No Longer A Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  630
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  19/12/1977

brought to my attention on franks post that were labeling all rides like a loopfight  a streetfighter  360 as a inversion  personally its highly  confusing and needs to change  like the problem we had  with a shake off and take off

• 3 weeks later...
Gary Witcomb

• Group:  Supporter
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  4,720
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Achievement Points:  4,723
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  17/03/1964

following on from my post on Gloucester Park regarding the Identification of a Living Van,  something has come to light that i have never noticed before 

as far as i'm aware we cant openly identify living wagons which i fully agree with , but its been brought to my attention that we do identify them in the transport listings 

1. Posts should respect the privacy of Showmen & their families. Examples include (but are not limited to) Locations of yards, photos that identify locations of yards, photos of private cars (as opposed to loads, which are OK), photos taken in private/restricted areas of funfairs & photos taken by 'intrusive' means, posting of conversations/information meant as private, and discussion of financial/business matters. Photos of living vans should not be captioned with the owners details.

perhaps its something the team might which to look at 

• Like 2
Roger Peatman

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,821
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  1,848
  • Days Won:  7

You have a point, although a living wagon attached to a vehicle doesn't necessarily mean they are both owned by the same person.

As we know, Showmen swap and borrow vehicles all the time.

Paul McHaddan

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  4,101
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  4,211
  • Days Won:  243
  • Birthday:  14/04/1964

2 hours ago, Gary Witcomb said:

following on from my post on Gloucester Park regarding the Identification of a Living Van,  something has come to light that i have never noticed before 

as far as i'm aware we cant openly identify living wagons which i fully agree with , but its been brought to my attention that we do identify them in the transport listings 

1. Posts should respect the privacy of Showmen & their families. Examples include (but are not limited to) Locations of yards, photos that identify locations of yards, photos of private cars (as opposed to loads, which are OK), photos taken in private/restricted areas of funfairs & photos taken by 'intrusive' means, posting of conversations/information meant as private, and discussion of financial/business matters. Photos of living vans should not be captioned with the owners details.

perhaps its something the team might which to look at 

I fully agree with you Gary i don't photo graph any showman/woman's living wagons if i did i wouldn't post them on any site i respect there privacy same with there cars & yards 😉

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  240
  • Days Won:  3

I just read the postit about deleting inactive accounts and have some concerns. Is this really necessary? 

I would be worried that  members who are unable to use the forum for extended periods of time yet (not able to log on for 3 months) - are kicked off when they are still valued members, even if they only contribute say once per year. Talking from personal experience there have been periods where I have been absent for a long time due to work commitments etc and to have my account deleted would not, I feel, be in the spirit of the forum. I cannot recall any online platform, website that I have used over the years that would delete an inactive account over such a short period (assuming it is based on usage over 3 months). 

The team is doing a fantastic job at promoting contribution and discussion, it would be a shame to go back the other way and this seems a little odd.

Edited by Dan Thomas
Adjustment
  • Like 2
  • Panel Member

• Group:  Panel Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  25
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Dan Thomas said:

I just read the postit about deleting inactive accounts and have some concerns. Is this really necessary? 

I would be worried that  members who are unable to use the forum for extended periods of time yet (not able to log on for 3 months) - are kicked off when they are still valued members, even if they only contribute say once per year. Talking from personal experience there have been periods where I have been absent for a long time due to work commitments etc and to have my account deleted would not, I feel, be in the spirit of the forum. I cannot recall any online platform, website that I have used over the years that would delete an inactive account over such a short period (assuming it is based on usage over 3 months). 

The team is doing a fantastic job at promoting contribution and discussion, it would be a shame to go back the other way and this seems a little odd.

Hi Dan, the accounts that will be automatically deleted are all accounts that haven't been used (No posts, and no logins) for almost 3 years, these accounts have been disabled for a few months, just to make sure they aren't used, and now that we can safely say they aren't, we can delete them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,643
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  2,890
  • Days Won:  6

Dan

@Dan Thomas

The notice is intended to get people to log in regularly, so they don't accidentality become a victim of a deleted account once it's implemented.

The actual time frame is in discussion and ongoing, but your points have been noted and will be taken into consideration.

Notice now changed.

Thanks

• Thanks 1