• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  483
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, Frankieperkin said:

I personally think you don’t need to post more than one photo per ride in the phot section. 

A good clean photo with the whole ride in. 

Yes, I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why we indulge members who can't keep to a simple set of rules about posting photos. It's a fact that this topic will be repeated some time in the future and those people are just helping to make that happen sooner. I regard it as a privilege to display photos here and see no reason why their posts can't be pruned. If they can't be bothered to do it themselves, they have no grounds for complaint if someone does it for them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  16/06/1978

Personally, I don't mind paying, as I just have, to help support the forum.  I'm not here very often but I'd be lost if I logged on one day to find that the site had gone.

Maybe make the photo category available to paying members only too? Afterall, Not much thats worth having in life is free.

Keep up the awesome work. 😁

Edited by Adam Bradford
Spelling correction
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  549
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  553
  • Days Won:  46
  • Birthday:  21/03/1970

On 17/09/2018 at 19:56, Gary Witcomb said:

The Team does not have to decide what to do the Members do its everyone Forum, at the start of this thread the membership were asked for Suggestions on how we could deal with an issue but sadly very few can be bothered to participate / Contribute 

I don't want any photos to be deleted or archived and nor do i want them hosted off site

I don't really want adverts

This leave option 2 for me,

Well if there was a poll to the membership i would vote for this in a heart beat and let me tell you why i have been a member of this Forum for over 10 year and have supported financially from the start because i believe this is a very important resource, there is info on this site you will not find else ware "FACT" , you state the Forum would die in 5 years, i don't believe that for 1 min, yes membership numbers would drop and frankly would that be a bad thing, i believe with say a backbone of genuine Enthusiasts who all financially support the Forum they would not allow it to just Die, in fact the Forum might even thrive as we would all be like minded members with one goal to make this forum work and without all the BULL sh*t 

i'm sick to the back teeth of all the moaners / dissenters / Free loaders who just take and never give anything back in return, others take pleasure in knocking the Forum at every chance they get, despite this they continue to be members you have to ask why !!

Far to many believe this forum should be totally free just like Facebook, well it cant so get over it, if you can find what you are looking for else ware FREE your free to leave but shut the door on your way out 

Just for the record i would allow all showmen  who we rely on for our hobby, totally free access after any change to a paid up membership as i also believe they play a big part in the Forum & our Hobby and i would be happy to pay more to allow this service to Showmen only 

Finally 

As for the Team there dammed if they do and Dammed if they don't, its about time the Membership got behind the Team who are trying there very best to keep this Forum afloat

gary mate ya will get moaners/dissenters/free loaders where ever ya go
if ya do not like this then as ya say shut the door on the way out
this is not a personal attack by any means have ya ever thort why
people can not pay the membership fee  because they are struggling

• Group:  Moderator
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  866
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  4,330
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Achievement Points:  4,379
  • Days Won:  153

4 minutes ago, lego skid said:

It's not a membership fee, the forum is not a club with a set fee, you are free to donate any sum you can afford to support the forum. if you choose not to become a supporter then that's fine.

• Like 2

• Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,647
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  2,894
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, lego skid said:

@lego skid

And that's why we don't have a Membership fee to see/view/participate in the forum.

It's a site for a hobby which we all follow in different ways.

Unfortunately running a web site/forum does cost money and none of us could afford to finance it individually.

The forum will remain free for as  long as we can manage, it's in everyone's interest for it to be that way.

We do have some areas that's only available to Supporters, but that's to Thank them for supporting us financially