News
  • Having trouble accessing the Rides List? See this post for details.
Bill Edwards

Forum Gallery - Apologies, Another CHANGE

Matt Goodenough    829
Matt Goodenough

Thanks Bill for bringing this to our attention. 

• Like 1

Waltzerman    12,830
Waltzerman

Bill you went off advise & run it past the mods & the panel we all agreed IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT! ;)

We all want whats best for the forum so what ever it takes we will all stick together we do WE DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE " ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR" Forum 

Please don't give up the mods & panel members do try to help BUT its the members that need to work at it as well to support this forum by paying a little extra if it helps i will if need be! ;)

• Like 4

Ormester101    1,658
Ormester101

the forum based  photos worked  for me  

Eddie Kelly    1,716
Eddie Kelly

Bill

I think you have proposed the best solution absolutely no point in changing for the worse with the scenarios you describe. 

Well done

Eddie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Simon Deery    1,033
Simon Deery

Thank you for your honesty Bill and appology (although not required). You and the team do a tremendous job in running this site. If something doesn't work properly then it is pointless to continue with it and if I am being brutally honest I did not personally like the layout of the gallery and found myself actually viewing images far less than I ever did when they were forum based, easier to navigate and presented in a tidy format. As an engineer I always see things from the engineering world and we have to try things to see how they operate. Better to try something and admit that it isn't quite right than do nothing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bill Edwards    11,890
Bill Edwards
On 10/2/2017 at 20:27, Bill Edwards said:

Unfortunately there is no software setting where I can limit the amount of photos per post.

I have now had a custom plugin made and CAN NOW restrict the number of photos in any one post. Following advise from the plugin author the limit of photos per post has been set to 75.

You CANNOT, MUST NOT post more than 75 photos per post. If you want to post more than 75 photos, please split them across multiple posts.

This should enable us to avoid the technical issues we were experiencing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Bill Edwards    11,890
Bill Edwards

Dear All 

As this thread is about the changes to posting photos on the site, I've split the comments about Forum Supporters into their own thread at 

I'm always happy to hear feedback and both of these topics are important, so I think it will be easier to follow if we have two separate threads.

Many thanks

Bill

Steve Barton    14,536
Steve Barton
On 10/4/2017 at 18:23, Bill Edwards said:

I have now had a custom plugin made and CAN NOW restrict the number of photos in any one post. Following advise from the plugin author the limit of photos per post has been set to 75.

You CANNOT, MUST NOT post more than 75 photos per post. If you want to post more than 75 photos, please split them across multiple posts.

This should enable us to avoid the technical issues we were experiencing.

Bill when you say multiple posts do you mean post as a reply or start a new Topic each time? I'm moving my Transport Post from the Gallery and as there are over 200 images so do I do several post of say 50 and number them Parts 1 to 5 or can I post 50 then add a reply to the same post and post 50 more and so on ?

Bill Edwards    11,890
Bill Edwards

If it's one topic then I would suggest adding them as replies. If you're going to split them into era's or makes etc, then separate topics is OK. 

Steve Barton    14,536
Steve Barton
5 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

If it's one topic then I would suggest adding them as replies. If you're going to split them into era's or makes etc, then separate topics is OK. 

Cheers Bill I'll add them as replies.

• Like 1

Marc Burgers    8,350
Marc Burgers

I read this and think, Bill has really good thinking how he can go on with the forum

FOrum losing we all dont want it.

I use it very much to post pictures and the Database/rides list.

Running a forum is not a simple job.

You're doing very well Bil!!!

• Like 8

Bill Edwards    11,890
Bill Edwards

I previously personally PM'ed all members who had Albums in the Gallery advising that we would remove the Gallery Module on 31st October 2017 and that they should either repost their photos in the relevant forums, or accept they would be deleted.

Just a gentle reminder that the Gallery will be removed in 12 days and all the photos therein will be deleted.

Many thanks for your continued support over this matter.

All the best

Bill