We aim to keep the forum a friendly, informal place to discuss our common interest - Funfairs!
Just use common sense , courtesy, politeness etc and you'll be fine..
To assist in the smooth running of the forum, the full list of guidelines is below, most are common sense.
1. Standard Internet forum courtesy and etiquette is to be used by everyone.
2. No posts about fairground/circus accidents or incidents.
3. No "Which showman/ride is better" type posts. No "What is your favourite ??????" posts. This includes “Top Ten” type posts.
4. No text speak. POSTING IN CAPITALS, Putting A Capital As The First Letter and whole messages in bold or large font are not allowed! This includes topic titles!
5. Posts should respect the privacy of Showmen & their families. Examples include (but are not limited to) Locations of yards, photos that identify locations of yards, photos of
private cars (as opposed to loads, which are OK), photos taken in private/restricted areas of funfairs & photos taken by 'intrusive' means, posting of conversations/information
meant as private, and discussion of financial/business matters. Photos of living vans should not be captioned with the owners details.
6. Posts about changes of ownership of equipment must only be made when the information is 100% reliable.
7. No "Ride XXX is for sale" posts. When the ride is sold it may be reported subject to rule #6 above
A - If you post pictures you MUST own the copyright OR have the express permission of the owner to post.
B - Whilst members retain the copyright to the photos they post, ATFOTF reserves the right to display said photos on any part of the site, and for as long as we see fit.
C - Photo's displayed in topics must be hosted on this site, that is they must be attached to the topic. You may not host the photos on Flickr etc or your own site and add links
D - Members must not post content belonging to others members on ANY other site. Contravening this guideline will lead to an instant and permanent ban.