Jump to content

Recent Replies Topics - New Feature


Trojanhorse11

Recommended Posts

Trojanhorse11

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  461
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   5,759
  • Achievement Points:  1,122
  • Days Won:  42
  • Joined:  14/12/04
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

On the main front page of the website, on the right, there is the "Recent Replies Topics". There is now a number in a circle over the title of the post and sometimes over the section that the post is in.

 

Can I turn it off on my account, or is it permanent for everyone?

 

If the number was to the side, it would be better, but over the title is just annoying! 

Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,638
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Reputation:   791
  • Achievement Points:  2,885
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  18/04/08
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I'm assuming your viewing on a normal computer as opposed to a mobile device ?

 

I only have a mobile to use till tomorrow, and the layout is different to a PC.

I'll have a look later when I can access a PC, but my first thoughts are that the number is referring to a reply to a post/topic that you've made. Or possibly to a topic that you're watching.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,638
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Reputation:   791
  • Achievement Points:  2,885
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  18/04/08
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Sadly  I can't replicate what your seeing, even on a PC.

Ive passed it onto the rest of the Team to see if anyone else can see the numbers and know of a setting to change it.

Ive asked them to post in this topic if they can advise/help you.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,380
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Reputation:   2,401
  • Achievement Points:  7,059
  • Days Won:  10
  • Joined:  12/09/02
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

Good Morning

 

Firsly, It isn't a "new" feature - its been present for several years. The number refers to the number of replies and I don't believe it to be intrusiveforumno.png

 

It cannot be turned off.

 

If you are seeing something different, I will need to investigate further. I will need full details - Your device details - make, model, operating system, OS version and a screen shot. I need specifics as this seems to be an issue only affecting you.

 

All the best

 

Bill

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Trojanhorse11

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  461
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   5,759
  • Achievement Points:  1,122
  • Days Won:  42
  • Joined:  14/12/04
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

12 hours ago, harry m said:

Sadly  I can't replicate what your seeing, even on a PC.

Ive passed it onto the rest of the Team to see if anyone else can see the numbers and know of a setting to change it.

Ive asked them to post in this topic if they can advise/help you.

 

Hi Harry,

 

Thanks for looking into it & trying. I have a reply to Bill that shows the issue.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Trojanhorse11

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  461
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   5,759
  • Achievement Points:  1,122
  • Days Won:  42
  • Joined:  14/12/04
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

10 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

Good Morning

 

Firsly, It isn't a "new" feature - its been present for several years. The number refers to the number of replies and I don't believe it to be intrusive

 

It cannot be turned off.

 

If you are seeing something different, I will need to investigate further. I will need full details - Your device details - make, model, operating system, OS version and a screen shot. I need specifics as this seems to be an issue only affecting you.

 

All the best

 

Bill

 

Hi Bill,

 

On your screenshot, the number is to the right of the title, which as you say is not intrusive (& I agree). However, my number is actually over the title as described in my original post (which I'm sure you would agree is intrusive).

 

I have realised the issue: It is my terrible, out-of-date web browser (Apple Safari) that is now so old, that it is not supported by Apple and gives me issues on many websites and doesn't even work at all on some websites (Evri, Youtube, Expedia, BA. to name a few). The list of websites that my browser has issues with grows longer every month, but I've never had an issue with this website. But I had only just noticed this issue (the numbers "over" the titles) so I am guessing that the atfotf website is now another one to add to the list of websites that my browser has issues with! (Only just noticed, so assume my browser has only just started doing this, which is why I thought it was a new feature).

 

Thanks for the replies, but no need to look into it further, as I now know it is my own issue and will be rectified when I treat myself to a new computer (whenever that will be)

 

Cheers guys.

Edited by Trojanhorse11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Reputation:   624
  • Achievement Points:  334
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  30/07/04
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

3 hours ago, Trojanhorse11 said:

 

Hi Bill,

 

On your screenshot, the number is to the right of the title, which as you say is not intrusive (& I agree). However, my number is actually over the title as described in my original post (which I'm sure you would agree is intrusive).

 

I have realised the issue: It is my terrible, out-of-date web browser (Apple Safari) that is now so old, that it is not supported by Apple and gives me issues on many websites and doesn't even work at all on some websites (Evri, Youtube, Expedia, BA. to name a few). The list of websites that my browser has issues with grows longer every month, but I've never had an issue with this website. But I had only just noticed this issue (the numbers "over" the titles) so I am guessing that the atfotf website is now another one to add to the list of websites that my browser has issues with! (Only just noticed, so assume my browser has only just started doing this, which is why I thought it was a new feature).

 

Thanks for the replies, but no need to look into it further, as I now know it is my own issue and will be rectified when I treat myself to a new computer (whenever that will be)

 

Cheers guys.

 

Or install a new/second browser until you can afford a new computer. I suddenly have the same issue with a older version of Safari, but not with Firefox – both running on the same machine. 

Edited by Owen Ralph
  • Like 1
Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,638
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Reputation:   791
  • Achievement Points:  2,885
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  18/04/08
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Firefox on windowsworks for me without putting the numbers in the way.

Another idea, do you have text set at larger than normal size in your current browser ?

I have a similar thing with google maps where writing moves onto other areas on the map.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Trojanhorse11

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  461
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   5,759
  • Achievement Points:  1,122
  • Days Won:  42
  • Joined:  14/12/04
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

19 hours ago, Owen Ralph said:

 

Or install a new/second browser until you can afford a new computer. I suddenly have the same issue with a older version of Safari, but not with Firefox – both running on the same machine. 

 

That confirms it is an "old" Safari that causes the issue

 

 

16 hours ago, harry m said:

Firefox on windowsworks for me without putting the numbers in the way.

Another idea, do you have text set at larger than normal size in your current browser ?

I have a similar thing with google maps where writing moves onto other areas on the map.

 

I also have that issue on some websites where the writing (or other things) are in a place that they shouldn't be - even if it just slightly out of place!

 

I have actually experimented with going onto the very same websites on the new Apple Macs in the Apple shop in Birmingham and the websites work perfectly on those computers! So roll on the day when I get a new one (can't wait...). :)

Edited by Trojanhorse11
  • Like 1
Link to comment

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Reputation:   624
  • Achievement Points:  334
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  30/07/04
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

48 minutes ago, Trojanhorse11 said:

I have actually experimented with going onto the very same websites on the new Apple Macs in the Apple shop in Birmingham and the websites work perfectly on those computers! So roll on the day when I get a new one (can't wait...). :)

 

I love that ATFOTF is in the browsing history of the Apple store in Brum!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...