Help Wanted - Online Database (No Experience Necessary)

Bill Edwards

• Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,888
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,113
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

Dear All

I have been compiling the Rides List into a Microsoft Access Database. This has already proved useful to me and has allowed me to produce the Travelling Rides list sorted by Showmen.

I would like to put the database online, as a database so that members can search, sort and filter the list according to their own needs.

There is a way using Microsoft Access and Sharepoint. However it has a very steep learning curve (almost vertical!)

However, I have managed to do it.

I am looking for a couple of volunteers to look at the database - to have a play and give me feedback before I decide if it is worth the time, money and effort of going public with it (The money cost is small, but the time and effort to complete it are more substantial)

Ideally the volunteers would have a wide range of computer knowledge - from none/very little through average to knowledgeable.

To volunteer you will need a Microsoft Account (which I understand you will have if you have Outlook or Live mail). You would also need a few minutes spare to play with the database and give me detailed feedback (how easy was it access, ease of use, problems encountered, usefulness, suggestions for improvement etc). As an end user, it is fairly simple to use - the learning curve is getting it working lol

If you would like to help, please send me a PM with your email address so I can send details.

Many Thanks

Bill

NB: Just to confirm, the database, if made generally available is intended to supplement the Rides List on the forum, not replace it. It should make searching for rides, sorting the list and filtering data much easier.