• Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  461
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1,122
  • Days Won:  42

Wouldn't it be a good idea to standardise the transport photos between the Rides List & the Transport List?

ie: Whenever someone adds a photo of ride transport to the Rides List, it gets added to the Transport List if there is not already one there, and visa-versa, that way there's always a photo of the transport on both Forums (The Rides List AND the Transport List).

What made me think of this is that I noticed there is sometimes a photo of the transport in the Rides List but no entry on the Transport List, or visa-versa.

Edited by Trojanhorse11
  • Like 1
Bill Edwards

• Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,380
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,844
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,067
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

A good idea, now all we need is someone to do the considerable amount of work :)

Bill Edwards

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,380
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,844
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,067
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

21 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

A good idea, now all we need is someone to do the considerable amount of work :)

Having re-read that, it comes across as a tad flippant.

We reply on members to submit photos and whilst forum rules do state that we can use those photos on any part of the site, generally we accept from members that where they post them is where they are displayed.

I think it's a good idea, and if members submit rides photos that contain the lorry, I would LIKE them to add them to the transport list as well. However it isn't something we can force members to do. For Moderator's to copy every photo across that could be used would require a lot of time and I don't think it's practical. 

Steve Barton

• Topic Count:  425
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  4,745
  • Days Won:  122
  • Birthday:  10/12/1961

When we started the Transport List one of the things that was decided on was that we would try not to use the photos of the transport from the Rides List for the Transport List as it was a bit pointless having the same photos in both lists. Another thing was that it was a Transport List so for example if two photos were submitted of an Artic one with no load and one of the Artic with a load we would use the photo of the Artic without the load the reason being that it is a Transport List so the Transport is the important bit not what it is pulling/carrying. But the main thing is we rely on members supplying photos and details of transport changes etc we can only use what info is supplied to us, also as Bill has pointed out if a photo of a lorry is posted in the Photo Forum we don't automatically add it to the Transport List unless the member who posted the photo posts it to the Transport List as well. I know this sounds a bit daft but in the past we have taken photos posted in the Photo Forum and added them to the Transport List only to get complaints from the poster that they didn't want their photo to be used in the Transport List or that we should of obtained permission to use the photo first .

• Like 8
Trojanhorse11

• Group:  Supporter
  • Topic Count:  461
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,120
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1,122
  • Days Won:  42

Thanks for the replies Bill & Steve.

I'll continue to add transport photos to each of the Forums as appropriate.

I do agree with you Steve, that a photo of just the truck without the load is better on the Transport List and the full load photo is better on the Rides List (that's something I have always thought).

• Like 7