Jump to content

Member Map


Tom Gorman

Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Reputation:   812
  • Achievement Points:  703
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  28/04/14
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I'm not sure if its a problem on my end but I can only see my own marker on the 'member map'

Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,525
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Reputation:   885
  • Achievement Points:  3,022
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  18/04/08
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Tom

When I go on the map, all I see is One marker with a number 39 on it, If I click the marker, it zooms in and shows more markers again.

 


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,563
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  5,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Reputation:   2,614
  • Achievement Points:  7,543
  • Days Won:  10
  • Joined:  12/09/02
  • Status:  Online
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

I've tested the permissions and can confirm what harry says above.

 

@Tom Gorman Please confirm that it works for you

 

All the best

 

Bill

Link to comment

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Reputation:   812
  • Achievement Points:  703
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  28/04/14
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I have attached a screenshot of what I see, the map is also in french for me!

 

Tom

ss.png

Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,563
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  5,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Reputation:   2,614
  • Achievement Points:  7,543
  • Days Won:  10
  • Joined:  12/09/02
  • Status:  Online
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

The map is french because you have selected "Openstreetmap France" - I've changed the default on this.

 

I am a little perplexed as to the fact that you can't see other members - I have the ability to test permissions and have done so for your account and I see all members. This shows it is a problem your end. Are you able to test in a different browser before I take it to Tech Support??

Link to comment

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Reputation:   812
  • Achievement Points:  703
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  28/04/14
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

1 minute ago, Bill Edwards said:

The map is french because you have selected "Openstreetmap France" - I've changed the default on this.

 

I am a little perplexed as to the fact that you can't see other members - I have the ability to test permissions and have done so for your account and I see all members. This shows it is a problem your end. Are you able to test in a different browser before I take it to Tech Support??

I've tried it both at home and in school, in IE and Chrome.

Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,563
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  5,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Reputation:   2,614
  • Achievement Points:  7,543
  • Days Won:  10
  • Joined:  12/09/02
  • Status:  Online
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

10 minutes ago, Tom Gorman said:

I've tried it both at home and in school, in IE and Chrome.

 

I've asked for help on this and will keep you posted.

Link to comment

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Reputation:   812
  • Achievement Points:  703
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  28/04/14
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

10 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

 

I've asked for help on this and will keep you posted.

Thank you for your help :)

Link to comment

  • Group:  Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  256
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Reputation:   578
  • Achievement Points:  329
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  27/08/06
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/08/1989

Tom, how are you accessing member map? If i go to my profile and click 'view fullsize map' under the member map in the left hand collumn it shows the map with just my location, however, and "?filter=getByUser&member_id=97" (97 is my user ID) gets added to the end of the URL, however, if I remove that from the end of URL so it just says "http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/membermap/" I see everybody on the map.

 

Incidently, Bill, where is the link to the Map, I searched all over for it and the only link I could find was the one in my profile, which filtered to just show my location, I couldn't find a link in the navigation bar on anywhere else for the Map.

 

Edit Never mind, I found the link, I didn't see the extra links appear when I hovered over the 'More' button, I was clikcing the 'More' button expecting extra links to appear and nothing did!

Edited by Jamie Peters
  • Like 2
Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,525
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Reputation:   885
  • Achievement Points:  3,022
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  18/04/08
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Tom

In the image you posted, if you click on the cross for your name, does another 'balloon' appear with a number in it ?

Link to comment

  • Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,563
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  5,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Reputation:   2,614
  • Achievement Points:  7,543
  • Days Won:  10
  • Joined:  12/09/02
  • Status:  Online
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

32 minutes ago, Jamie Peters said:

Tom, how are you accessing member map? If i go to my profile and click 'view fullsize map' under the member map in the left hand collumn it shows the map with just my location, however, and "?filter=getByUser&member_id=97" (97 is my user ID) gets added to the end of the URL, however, if I remove that from the end of URL so it just says "http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/membermap/" I see everybody on the map.

 

Incidently, Bill, where is the link to the Map, I searched all over for it and the only link I could find was the one in my profile, which filtered to just show my location, I couldn't find a link in the navigation bar on anywhere else for the Map.

 

Edit Never mind, I found the link, I didn't see the extra links appear when I hovered over the 'More' button, I was clikcing the 'More' button expecting extra links to appear and nothing did!

You've sussed it :) I can see from Tom's screenshot that the URL is his own marker.

 

Tom - click "More" from the top menu and then Member Map and you should see them all 

 

Thanks @Jamie Peters:)

 

Link to comment

  • Group:  Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  256
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Reputation:   578
  • Achievement Points:  329
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  27/08/06
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  08/08/1989

1 minute ago, Bill Edwards said:

You've sussed it :) I can see from Tom's screenshot that the URL is his own marker.

 

Tom - click "More" from the top menu and then Member Map and you should see them all 

 

Thanks @Jamie Peters:)

 

No Problem Bill :)

 

I was just looking for the member map myself out of curiosity and as I mentioned the only place I could find the link was in my profile, which automatically filters to your own marker by default

  • Like 2
Link to comment

  • Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Reputation:   812
  • Achievement Points:  703
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  28/04/14
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Sorted! Thanks for your help lads!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...