• Topic Count:  2,395
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  7,170
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

Dear All

It is with much regret that I inform you that I am withdrawing from Compiling & Publishing the Coming Events.

Even though I've done it before and knew what was involved, it's got me down. It takes up a lot of my time, every evenings is a minimum of 30 minutes, more time at weekends (on top of a full time job (including an on-call rota), home, family and other leisure commitments).  Support has been poor to say the least with no tangible offers of help. Whilst I appreciate it is used, I don't believe the amount of use justifies the time and effort required to maintain it to the standard I have been. Despite badgering and moaning, it is clear that some members are in possession of information and for whatever reason don't share it (including I'm sorry to say, some I would expect the support from).

I don't want to leave members with nothing, but every idea I've come up with is doomed to fail because it is either off site (and unlikely to be supported) or requires too much "Staff" input (and there is no individual willing to take it on, and I can't get help). I'm sorry to say that I believe that whatever I put together will be largely unsupported.

@Gary Witcomb  has suggested a "What's On This Week" Forum. This will be 4 four forums  covering the next 4 weeks.  Ideally it would be one event per topic with the Town & Dates included in the title of the post. However I suspect that we will have to settle for less :(

It pains me to withdraw from the Coming Events, but I want my life back.

Many thanks to those who have supported me.

All the best

Bill 

• Group:  Supporter
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1,084
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/08/1967

Thanks for all that you have done Bill :rolleyes:

• Like 3
Richard Flynn

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/09/1960

A lot of work which was much appreciated

• Like 2
Graham Vaughan

• Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  974
  • Days Won:  25
  • Birthday:  03/08/1951

We all owe you a massive amount of thanks and gratitude for the many hours that you have sacrificed in your unquestionable devotion to this website. Many, many thanks Bill.

• Like 4

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  213
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1980

Its been a great resource for years - but I can imagine how hard that job is to do.

Adam Bradford

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  16/06/1978

Such a shame but thanks for all of your hard work Bill. As ever, Its always appreciated. 

Colinrhooper

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  188
  • Days Won:  15

On 19/08/2017 at 20:20, Bill Edwards said:

Dear All

It is with much regret that I inform you that I am withdrawing from Compiling & Publishing the Coming Events.

Even though I've done it before and knew what was involved, it's got me down. It takes up a lot of my time, every evenings is a minimum of 30 minutes, more time at weekends (on top of a full time job (including an on-call rota), home, family and other leisure commitments).  Support has been poor to say the least with no tangible offers of help. Whilst I appreciate it is used, I don't believe the amount of use justifies the time and effort required to maintain it to the standard I have been. Despite badgering and moaning, it is clear that some members are in possession of information and for whatever reason don't share it (including I'm sorry to say, some I would expect the support from).

I don't want to leave members with nothing, but every idea I've come up with is doomed to fail because it is either off site (and unlikely to be supported) or requires too much "Staff" input (and there is no individual willing to take it on, and I can't get help). I'm sorry to say that I believe that whatever I put together will be largely unsupported.

@Gary Witcomb  has suggested a "What's On This Week" Forum. This will be 4 four forums  covering the next 4 weeks.  Ideally it would be one event per topic with the Town & Dates included in the title of the post. However I suspect that we will have to settle for less :(

It pains me to withdraw from the Coming Events, but I want my life back.

Many thanks to those who have supported me.

All the best

Bill 

Thanks for all your time and effort