• Topic Count:  2,387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,888
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,113
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

Dear All

The new Gallery is easy to use for posting photos, but I've put together a short tutorial in case it helps anyone.

1) Go to the Gallery using the top menu link

2) Select the Category you wish to post in. I'm going to use the "Test Category"

01.png

3) Click "Add Images"

02.png

4) Fill in the Title of your Album, for example "Bedford Fair, 18th August"

03.png

5) Fill in the Album description, such as a list of rides, observations, lessee etc (The sort of stuff you'd have put at the top of a photo topic in the forum). Do NOT try to add photos to the description.

14.png

6) Click "Create New Album"

16.png

7) You will be taken to the upload screen where you can either choose your photos or drag & drop

06.png

7) When the photos have uploaded your screen will look like this and you should click continue.

07.png

8) At this point the title of your photo will be the name of the image, in the following example IMG_0026.jpg. You can change this to the ride owner if you wish.

08.png

9) Select the photos from the left hand side and rename if you wish

09.png

10) When you've finished renaming click "Finish editing images"

12.png

You will see the following screen if you haven't renamed all your photos, just click "OK" to continue

11.png

And that's it, your Album is available in the Gallery for other members to enjoy.

Any queries, please ask!

All the best

Bill

• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  602
  • Days Won:  8

Thanks Bill for an excellent tutorial on using the brilliant new Gallery for photos.

Please could we also add that the maximum uploads are 100 images in one go

( you can add as many as you like by adding more to the same album ) 

Also am i correct in saying that the size of each Photo should be 800 x 600 Pixels?? 

Many Thanks again 

Kind Regards Tony Barber

• Like 1

• Group:  Root Admin
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  2,387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.31
  • Content Count:  6,888
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  7,113
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  08/02/1963

6 hours ago, Tony Barber said:

Please could we also add that the maximum uploads are 100 images in one go

( you can add as many as you like by adding more to the same album ) 

That's correct - the 100 upload limit is hard coded and can't be changed, but you can always add to an album.

Also am i correct in saying that the size of each Photo should be 800 x 600 Pixels

Yes, the size of images in the forum has been 800x600 for several years. It gives a reasonable balance between viewability and storage cost and download speed. The forum will resize images bigger than 800x600, but you can't upload anything bigger than 2mb. We always recommend resizing BEFORE uploading as resizing hits our server performance - it's also quicker to upload and gets round any time out errors.

you can add as many as you like by adding more to the same album

In theory you can, but can I take this opportunity to remind all members that whilst we have unlimited storage, I PAY for every image stored and pay again every time that image is downloaded/viewed. At present the bill is just about covered by voluntary donations (Forum Supporters - THANK YOU!). But at some point the bill will be bigger than the contributions and at that point we will lose the forum! Whilst I love browsing the photo topics, I would respectfully ask that members carefully consider the photos they are uploading with specific regard to duplication, interest to other members, photo quality etc. 

Thanks Bill for an excellent tutorial on using the brilliant new Gallery for photos.

Many thanks for the feedback - much appreciated :)