Site Security and YOU

The Team are pleased to announce an added Security measure for the Site

Please click  HERE

The Team The Team
Andy Andrews

Vintage Fairground Art Collection For Sale

Andy Andrews    442
Andy Andrews

I am, very reluctantly, having to sell some of my collection to create more space. I am therefore offering the following items for sale at what I consider to be very fair prices and reflect what I actually paid for them.

They are located near Romsey, Hampshire and are available on a collection basis only.

The 8 pics below may not be in the correct order but are easily identified, apologies.

Orton & Spooner Ark Horse. Complete with all the chrome trims and with an absolute known provenance as coming from A117 Tucker's Ark that travelled mainly in Yorkshire. I have restored the left side to it's original colour scheme and left the right side unrestored. The seat has been recovered.  It is completely sound with no rot.   42" X 39" X 10".       £275.

Bensons Double Sided Dropper.  This was one of a set of 3 boards that hung across the main entrance to Bensons Ark A67.  The reverse carries a highly decorative floral pattern. The other 2 boards reading Electric, Thriller, are known to exist but I know not where.  Numerous photos can be found on line showing the boards. Totally unrestored and probably unique. 60" X 16". Slightly curved to reflect the radius of the ride.      £340.

Bensons Twist Car seatpanel.    A metal  panel that was attached to the back of a Bensons twist car.  Fully restored to original colours. 42" x 20".     £125.

Roll - up Board complete with correct size rubber balls.     Restored apart from the decorative floral pattern  in the centre which is in perfect condition. Sound with no rot. A written inscription on the reverse reads :-  G. Miller, Fairground, Fakenham, Norfolk.   This game creates  much amusement at parties.   54" x 18" .   £ 130.

Rounding Board from a Juvenile ride.     Fair unknown but possibly from the Derby area. Fully restored to it's original colours and design.   56" x 10"   £100.

Stall Gag Board      Restored, fair unknown.  24" x 20".  £60

Decorative carved  Bracket.       Unrestored. I was told when I bought it many years ago it was from a  dodgem track paybox at Rhyl but this is unconfirmed.    16" x 8" x 9".   £40

I can provide far more information, and photos, as necessary on all items  to serious enquiries.

My total asking price for these 7 items is £1,070 but,  start your own collection,  I'll take £950 for all 7 if anyone is interested !

If anyone is seriously  interested in more than I item I will consider reasonable offers but I believe I have priced these pieces at very realistic levels given their provenance / condition.

My mobile number is  07870 390066

Andy

ARK HORSE.PNG

BENSONS DROPPER.PNG

BENSONS TWIST CAR BACK.PNG

bracket.PNG

DROPPER REVERSE.PNG

Juvenile rounding board.png

ROLL UP BOARD.PNG

3 BLUES.PNG

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.