Jump to content

Cannot Get ATFOTF On "3"


Brian McGinley

Recommended Posts

Brian McGinley

I am finding that I cannot get ATFOTF on my laptop which is connected to 3mobile despite no problems with any other website. I  can, however, get ATFOTF on my mobile phone which is connected to O2. Anyone else experiencing similar difficulties?

Link to comment
Steve Barton

I've not been able to get it on my mobile which is on 3 network had to wait until I got home and use my Laptop (not on 3 Network)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Tim Holmes

I can't get ATFOTF on any of my computers on Plusnet,my tablet (HP DataPass- don't know which provider). but can get it on my phone which is on EE

Link to comment
Tom Gorman

The forum wasn't working for me all day today until this afternoon.

Link to comment
Tim Holmes

Changing the DNS hasn't worked for me

Link to comment
Bill Edwards

If you are having difficulty accessing the site, please supply me with the following and I will look into it:-

 

1) Exact error message (copy/paste preferred)

 

2) Your IP address (go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and it will tell you)

 

3) Your ISP (e.g. EE, Virgin, BT, 3)

 

4) How long this has been happening

Link to comment
Mark Stopps

Glad it`s not only me I can`t get on to the site from plusnet 

 

been like it since the weekend.

 

Link to comment
Steve Barton

Mines now all Ok.

Link to comment
Tim Holmes

I switched the router off for a couple of minutes,switched back on, and now I can access the forum :rolleyes:

Seems odd it was the only this site giving me problems

Link to comment
Bill Edwards

Our hosts were under attack,  it is possible that they have banned a couple of IP addresses.  By restarting the router you will most likely gained   a new IP address that hasn't been banned.  I have one reply that I will ask them about. 

Link to comment
Bill Edwards

Brian is now sorted. If anyone else is still having problems, please try restarting your router/mobile device (this seems to curing the problem), if you still can't access, please supply the details below and I will contact Tech Support

 

14 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

1) Exact error message (copy/paste preferred)

 

2) Your IP address (go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and it will tell you)

 

3) Your ISP (e.g. EE, Virgin, BT, 3)

 

4) How long this has been happening

All the best

 

Bill

Link to comment
Tom Gorman

Hiya Bill,

 

The forum works fine for me on my phone, tablet laptop etc but doesn't work at all when I am using school computers?  Not sure why? It was fine until yesterday. 

Link to comment
Bill Edwards
17 minutes ago, Tom Gorman said:

Hiya Bill,

 

The forum works fine for me on my phone, tablet laptop etc but doesn't work at all when I am using school computers?  Not sure why? It was fine until yesterday. 

I think it's far more likely that your school has blocked the site. But if you are sure they haven't please supply the details I've asked for twice above :)

 

 

Link to comment
Tom Gorman
7 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

I think it's far more likely that your school has blocked the site. But if you are sure they haven't please supply the details I've asked for twice above :)

 

 

I will give this infomation when I am next at a computer at school. I'd doubt they'd block it- I must be one of the only people in the place that use it :)

Link to comment
Bill Edwards
1 minute ago, Tom Gorman said:

I will give this infomation when I am next at a computer at school. I'd doubt they'd block it- I must be one of the only people in the place that use it :)

I appreciate what you are saying, but in my experience schools etc often block sites that aren't necessary for curricular research.

 

Please ask, if they haven't blocked it I can pass to Tech Support (with the above details) and ask them what's happening.   

Link to comment
John Carter

I've just got back on with a router restart. It was the last item in a list of suggestions I found elsewhere for problems like this.

Link to comment
John Carter

Further to my message: It didn't occur to me to try to connect other than via my router, so I was cut off for well over a day. I knew the forum members I could email were likely to be busy, so I was reluctant to contact them. I looked on the Twitter feed, but there was nothing there. What I'm getting at is - could there still be members who are out of the loop?

Link to comment
Bill Edwards
1 hour ago, John Carter said:

Further to my message: It didn't occur to me to try to connect other than via my router, so I was cut off for well over a day. I knew the forum members I could email were likely to be busy, so I was reluctant to contact them. I looked on the Twitter feed, but there was nothing there. What I'm getting at is - could there still be members who are out of the loop?

It is a possibility John,  but other than  keep pushing our "forum down"  instructions at http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/forum-down/ there isnt a great deal I can do from my end :(

Link to comment
John Carter
21 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

It is a possibility John,  but other than  keep pushing our "forum down"  instructions at http://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/forum-down/ there isnt a great deal I can do from my end :(

If you can't get on the forum at all, you can't access those instructions. What about updating the Twitter feed? Also, for a day or two, you could have one of those irritating pop-up messages along the lines of "Do your mates know there's been a problem with site access? If you've not seen them on-line for a while, could you email them to make sure they know about it."

Link to comment
Bill Edwards

I know you can't see the message when the forum is unavailable,  but I've pushed that message so many times via announcements etc,  that if  any member isn't aware by now,  I suspect there is no helping them :)

 

Link to comment
Lee Harwood

I was unable to get on here today at work at lunchtime when I normally can. Their ISP is PlusNet and i kept getting the server timed out message even when i tried again mid-afternoon. Not particularly a problem for me and if it persists next week i will reboot the router there but just thought i'd give an update that this is still happening.

Link to comment
Tom Gorman

The info you requested from my school computer :)

 

IP: 46.60.253.211

ISP: South West Grid for Learning Trust

Error Message: Connection to 52.72.110.195 failed.

The system returned: (110) Connection timed out

Link to comment
Bill Edwards
4 minutes ago, Tom Gorman said:

The info you requested from my school computer :)

 

IP: 46.60.253.211

ISP: South West Grid for Learning Trust

Error Message: Connection to 52.72.110.195 failed.

The system returned: (110) Connection timed out

Please confirm that you have asked and it hasn't been blocked at school and the router has been restarted.

Link to comment
Tom Gorman

Not been blocked. I asked about the router and they said it wasn't going to happen, in a school of 1500+ students they couldn't do this :(

Link to comment
Bill Edwards
3 minutes ago, Tom Gorman said:

Not been blocked. I asked about the router and they said it wasn't going to happen, in a school of 1500+ students they couldn't do this :(

I've passed this to tech support, but they did say earlier that anyone having problems should reset their router. I've passed this on and will let you know.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...